Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Def Leppard 1988-02-03 Memorial Auditorium Buffalo, NY

Def Leppard
Memorial Auditorium
Buffalo, NY
February 3, 1988


I went to this show on the Hysteria tour with my wife and her sister.  A few days later we went to someone's house that she knew and he had a tape of it that he copied from the taper.  I asked for a copy and he complied, but we didn't have time to stay there for very long, and all I got was the first side of the tape.  Ever since then I've been looking for the rest of the show.
  Fast forward 20+ years and lo and behold I came across it while doing my monthly internet search for more Buffalo area shows.  But the funny thing is I found an alternate taper.  This complete tape makes up the bulk of this post.
  The taper moved around a lot or was otrherwise blocked by other audience members, so the sound shifted around a lot between channels.  I believe I managed to fix the majority of that problem.  I didn't do any NR or hiss reduction on this, just some simple EQ.  The original recorder had auto level control, so conmpression is evident, but not too annoying.  The intro for the show is missing, but the first song is all there.  This, however, leads me to do this:
  I have also included the one side of tape that I got in 88, made by what I consider to be taper 1 (since his tape was circulating shortly after the show).

Taper 2 lineage and setlist:

Taped By Bobby Plant
Panasonic Walkman and Aiwa Mic
Lineage: Master > CDR > EAC > Flac > Adobe Audition 3.0 (speed correction, channel balancing, EQ, track splits) > TLH (SBE fix, flac 8)

01 Stagefright
02 Rock! Rock! Til You Drop
03 Women
04 Too Late For Love
05 Hysteria
06 Steve Clark solo
07 Gods Of War
08 Die Hard The Hunter
09 Bringin' On The Heartbreak
10 Foolin'
11 Animal
12 Pour Some Sugar On Me
13 Phil Collen solo
14 Let It Go
15 Rock Of Ages
16 Love And Affection
17 Photograph

Unknown taper 1 lineage and setlist:

cass (2) > Adobe Audition 1.5 (speed correction, EQ, limiting, track splitting) > TLH (SBE fix, flac 8)

01 Dirty Harry Intro
02 Stagefright
03 Rock! Rock! Til You Drop
04 Women
05 Too Late For Love
06 Hysteria
07 Steve Clark solo
08 Gods Of War
09 Die Hard The Hunter

For reasons unknown to me this show is a bit shorter than some other shows on this tour, notably the Denver show used to make the In The Round In Your Face home video (actually the released version of that show has nearly the same setlist as this.  The difference is that at this show they played Love And Affection which was not played in Denver - in fact Joe says that Buffalo is the first time they played it in the US - and the guitar solos are cut from the video also.  The Stagefright bootleg of the same show, however, shows that [I]Don't Shoot Shotgun, Armageddon It and Travellin' Band were also played on that tour, notably absent from Buffalo).

--}{eywood

Link



No comments:

Post a Comment